How did I miss this(in big and bold and underline cause... the publication is listed as 2045 now, but but that's just not proper closure. I don't even know what that is.)
Simon and Schuster(Atria) should have vetted but then again who would suspect this level of madness from anyone. Not me. But I will assist in such a vetting...
1. She says she was in many short films- check on that. You will see that one lousy one called long ago does not constitute many.
2. She says that she was in many student films and forgets that it was short films but hey easy to check
3. Says Loss Prevention was a full time job. Call an Amy Alkon about that. Ask to see any evidence of the many jobs she'd claim in those columns. Particularly the long term reality TV producing. Tax returns should do. Why total omission of Amy Alkon job in column. Google their names to see how it's online.
4. In the same exact column, she says she's a cum laude and has a Phi Beta Kappa Key. From my research, that doesn't make sense but again... very easy to check for Simon and Schuster. Publishers long bio says she messed up college and mentions no degree. What is that about?
5. She claims her Mcsweeney's column is multi award winning. Is that remotely true? yet the publishing bios say nothing about any awards. Why is that? There was a highly dubious L.A press award(doubly dubious cause everything she writes is as lie so it's the farthest thing we should expect from journalism) but again one is just not multi, my friends.
6. Her reasons for moving to L.A: agents and a student thesis film and discovery and then the story is one college class. Then it's one post graduate class. then its moving to Denver to get trained... such flashbacks to her lies in my case. Just four versions of the same things and so clear she's lying but no one will do anything(cause of nick Kroll but that angle is for another day)
7. doesn't contributor to NPR connote more than once. It should say "Stef Willen did really mind glowingly evil things to get in good with a tig notaro and then through more mind bending events it led notaro to get son of big funders jules and Lynn troll to get Ira Glass to allow Willen to sit there and make up more stories ,and now claim NPR on a resume. But that I must assume is too much to ask.
I'm sadly sure that there is more and until the Universe will stop being such a ridiculous asshole and makes us sure Willen is never able to sell any more of her fiction as non fiction...