Saturday, September 6, 2008

Queen Josephine might have been a lesbian

Ah, yes. Hurrican Hannah. I predicted that Gustave wouldn't cause much damage because the name Gustave is most closely associated with the neutral king of sweden. I figure that Hanna(Hanna Arendt) and Ike( Eisenhower) would cause more damage solely on the virtue of thier namesakes. But, now I see there's a Josephine. Not a bad name. Completely out of fashion, only Josephine baker comes to mind. Interesting. Names that obviously came from a male name.

Henrietta: Out of style but kind of cool.
Josephine: Already mentioned.
Wilhemina: Very cool but out of style
Roberta: Out of style and rightfully so!
Micheala: Very nice and not out of style nor in style
Samantha: Always loved this name and still hold up.
Nicole(Nicholas?): Still totally current and often attached to pretty girls.
Stephanie: Dreadful and common name and in my experience attached to dreadful and common people.

Well, those are the only few that come to mind.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marie_Josephine_Louise_of_Savoy#Princess_of_the_House_of_Savoy


Will hurricane antoinette cause the real trouble as Katrina(Katrina and the waves) did. Is this all that simple to figure, in the end? Who should I call?

Josephine allegedly had lesbian affairs! How fun! Still, the wikipedia entry didn't give me the confidence to predict what that will mean hurricanwise. I never ever claimed to be a meteorologist, but I feel enthused by my hurricane predictions and plan to explore this further in upcoming blogs.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great stuff. Love it!! when are we going for drinks?

Paz said...

A lot of historical figures had some strange tendencies, she was a consort to the rich and famous, had she been poor she would have been a harlot, whatever she was she got around a bit.
I might be as humble to suggest that Josephine (french one i assume you are talking about) was not a Queen but was an Empress, being the wifey of Emperor Napoleon, sorry for the questioning of your superior mind ;P
your humble reader Paz

Paz said...

BTW, keep up the good work, loving it

g said...

Thank you so much, Paz. Seriously, you are really making my day with you kind comment. As for Josephine--I have no real knowledge. I think my title was chose simply to put the word " Lesbian." and get more hits. I like the way Empress sounds more than queen. I plan to blogroll you the minute I figure it out. Thanks again for your lovely comments.

P.S It is showing up as Toxic lady but it's abbey. I messed something up when I put up my other blog.

Paz said...

only noticed that it was the Queen that was not really a queen that you were talking about, still was right tho' she was not a queen ;P
your humble reader Paz,
P.s your marketing ploy was used by Homer Simpson in Barts election for class president the banner read SEX now vote for bart

Stef Willen's Disaster, Literally.

In the history of publishing, there is a fascinating history of memoirs that get pulled from publication, after an eagle eyed reader or rea...