Saturday, September 5, 2009

some things take precedence

As I suspected, the big cheetoh is no longer for sale at 7-11. As I suspected no one has given my blog credit for its demise. Untimely, doesn't apply.

As I suspected I forgot again to ask why it's called 7-11. As I suspected my mother just said a big word delicously wrong again. As I suspected ... Bill from the liquor store had more blogworthy things to say. See, the girl who was acting kookoo and bugging him said, " Bill, I don't know why we can't be friends." And Bill said, " We are not Friends... no no not friends." Bill understands on that deep level the difference between "friends" and those we are aquainted with AKA aquaintances.

My mother read something I wrote about this whole Mathilde Notaro debacle-- and she said ... you write with fire and brim. Is that right? I think she does this on purpose as the chances for her to so deliciously destroy the language, stretch credulity, as they say( they... you know.... they...)

I corrected her as is my wont because I choose to try never to condescend to my elders and she takes note but with her she'll just find a new word to mess with. Never fails. That woman hasn't repeated a mispronounced word in over 6 years.

Well today was another day of fire and brim, but so much so that no blog can do it justice and so it remains on a microsoft word document, safe from the eyes of the wretched-- who have become too numerous to name-- but I will try some... in no particular order, Tig Notaro, Stef Willen, Felise Cohen Kalpakian, Jennifer "pretend to be scared because you are bad to the bone" Waxler, the judges Samantha Jessner, John Martinez, and Mary Lou Villar and the Pro Tem clown at the mental health court(fully aware how that sounds, strangers!)

But I have no idea who reads my blog and now I even had to even get rid of knowing for sure how many read it because the google analytic software was slowing my computer. So, blissful ignorance is back and I can't say it's a bad thing.

Back on 48 hours mystery..... bye

New 48 hours on so much go but will continue when I get back.

No comments:

Stef Willen's Disaster, Literally.

In the history of publishing, there is a fascinating history of memoirs that get pulled from publication, after an eagle eyed reader or rea...