Saturday, February 6, 2010

sat lessons



There's a decent story or lesson to be learned from the page above. I'm not lame enough to brag about my SAT scores when I am 20 years past graduation. That would be lame. But, there's a lesson, see, and maybe a story: If you look closely and know anything about me,  you'll see, that those scores are 10 years after I graduated college . FYI my verbal score was 260 points lower when I got into the not too famous college I ended up graduating.  It niggled at me that verbal SAT score. I knew that it was more a result of a succession of deflating circumstances than my real "score." My father had just been diagnosed with Cancer, other post teen problems were everywhere, and I just didn't much care. So, 10 years later , and with the idea that maybe I can get a job as a tutor I took the test again. I'm a little dissapointed that I got a sentence completion wrong, but hey, c'mon, it's kind of cool how the SAT score can be so different from one time to another.
It's now another 10 years later ,and I can't score any higher-- so now I take the GRE for kicks, and I did very well, thank you very much.

But, that is a waste of time, because I can't entertain notions of being some professor.  I must focus my energies into acing the LSAT's because I'm duty bound by circumstance to be a kick ass lawyer who singlehandly rescues the legal system from itself. But, since this shitty city and that leprous tig notora have stolen all my money, tarnished my very clean name,  and  stalled my potential-- I have to figure out ways to get scholarships.

BTW, I could have done better on the math but there just wasn't much reason to.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My friend and I were recently talking about how we as human beings are so hooked onto electronics. Reading this post makes me think back to that debate we had, and just how inseparable from electronics we have all become.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Societal concerns aside... I just hope that as memory becomes less expensive, the possibility of transferring our memories onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's one of the things I really wish I could see in my lifetime.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://knol.google.com/k/anonymous/-/9v7ff0hnkzef/1]R4 SDHC[/url] DS SerVo)

Anonymous said...

Thanks designed for shaгing such a fastidious iԁea, pοst
is gooԁ, thats why i haνe гeаd it fully life insurance For seniors over 90 years old - national life insurance company of the southwest
- gerber life insurance scam

Feel fгee to surf tо mу blog life insurance company ratings consumer reports

Stef Willen's Disaster, Literally.

In the history of publishing, there is a fascinating history of memoirs that get pulled from publication, after an eagle eyed reader or rea...